The other day I bought an old Practika MTL3 from a second-hand shop. Inside there was an old colour film, a roll of Agfa Vista 200, which was half-shot.
Today I thought I would use this mystery film (!) to see whether I could process colour C-41 film using B&W chemicals. I have read about people managing it with varying degrees of success, some succeeding but many others saying that all they managed to get was a milky set of black negs which were way too dense to print from.
As you can see, I have managed to get a reasonably good result! For this set I developed the film using Ilfosol at a higher than usual temperature and with a relatively long dev. time (100°F for 15 mins).
I ran off a quick contact sheet to see what was on the film, I am going to print a few up next week and now feel ready to take on process some of the other mystery films that are lurking about in my studio!